Qualified naturopath and chef Kimberly Parsons shares one of her health-conscious vegetarian dishes that is free from gluten and refined sugar…
MATCHA, COCONUT & LIME BALLS (V)
- 120g (4oz/1. cups) desiccated (dry unsweetened) coconut, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra for coating
- 85g (3oz/. cup) ground almonds 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar (for vegans) or raw honey
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon premium-grade matcha powder
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until the ingredients come together to form a dough. You can add more ground almonds or a dash of coconut oil depending on whether the mixture is too wet or dry.
Remove the mixture from the food processor and place in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Once firmed, roll walnut-sized portions of the mixture in the palm of your hand.
Place in a lock-seal bag with the 2 extra tablespoons of desiccated coconut.
Seal the bag then shake to coat each ball in the coconut. Store in the airtight bag or another airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
Kimberly Parsons is the author of The Yoga Kitchen: Over 100 Vegetarian Recipes to Energise the Body, Balance the Mind & Make for a Happier You, published by Quadrille ($39.99)
This article was originally published in Issue 2, Breathe Magazine – Small Wonders.